This is beautiful to me, like poetry

By Hélène, with an H... like in Barack ! Today at 12:16 pm EDT (Barack's blog)

Berlin experience...

I'm French, from Paris. I went by train (plane expensive). Departure Wesnesday 8:45 p.m.. Share compartment with a man and another woman. Free advertising : told them I was going there to listen to Obama. The man : "Obama is interesting, different, intelligent, and, eh, with him, no risk of being a womanizer !"... The woman, from Istambul, travelling for business, wanted to know everything concerning Obama, even on Turkey (???).

I dremt in English I was blogging here (addict !).

Arrival 8:20 a.m.. I had my personal OIA (Obama Intelligence Agency), special agent Angelika, from Berlin (see profile). I knew how to go. Arrival at Brandenburg Door. WWF people, dressed in polar bears, were saying Yes We Can change politics on climate.

I walked along the avenue leading to Sieges Saule. I arrived here at 10:30 a.m. in 6th position (fence opening : 4:00 p.m.). I never succeed to reach such a position on a thread. With 200.000 persons, I did !

Police told me my city backpack won't be authorized. Went back to the station and the lockers by velo-taxi. Two hours later, there were 30 persons.

I started a discussion with my neighbours, inclued a guy who occasionally contribute to the Daily Kos. At 2 p.m., we went roasting under the sun near the entrance to keep our places. At 3:50 p.m., time to get mentally prepared.

At 8:58 p.m., noice of fence. At 4:00 p.m., GOOOOOOOO ! THE rush. I raaaaaannn. Volunteers were selling things : no way. Then, security like in an airport. Re-rush, re-run, trying to breathe, a turn, and... 100 photographs with huge objectives, looking at us, hilarious. A millisecond of surprise. There were only 15 favorised persons, who didn't queue. A nanosecond to choose a place. Second raw, just in front of the microphone.

Waiting. Standing. Sun. No water. Complaining, not flip-floping. People from America, Germany, England, Switzerland, Turkey, Cameroon... Less and less place. More and more pressure. Human central heating. Wind in plants near the podium, but couldn't feel it. Two persons failed.

At 7:25 p.m., a cry. HE was there, waving, saying thank you, smiling as you know. As if a friend or neighboor was coming, so natural he was.

Gorgious speech. "Obama", "Yes we can !".

Suddenly, HE was there, shaking hands. A tempest. My arm was not long enough of 20 centimeters.

0 comments: