This is Personal

(I used to live in South Dakota and my mother lives in North Dakota now - these are "red states")

By Larry-NorthDakota 4 minutes ago
I have never been so proud of America as I am this day.

I am a 58 yr old white male in Republican North Dakota but an Obamacan!

Today Barack Obama will become the Democratic nominee for President of the United States of America.

I did not think I would live to see this day.

I saw my dreams dashed when JFK, MLK & RFK were killed. For 40 years no politician inspired me.

Barack changed all that!! I was in Springfield the day he announced, in Des Moines the night of his JJ speech & also the night of his Iowa victory speech. I also heard him again here in my home state in April.

Barack will accept the nomination exactly 40 years to the day of MLK's "I Have a Dream Speech!"

I cried in Springfield, in DeMoines, in Grand Forks and shortly I leave for a 4.5 hour drive sotonight I will be honored to be at the Xcel Center and cry again as Barack will be able to declare victory. I feel there will be more tears in the days ahead.

What a 15 month journey this has been.

America can make me even prouder by electing Barack President on November 4th.

Yes, WE Have!!!!
Re: I Have NEVER Been so PROUD!!!!


By DiAnne from Seattle, WA 0 seconds ago
Good for you! I'm a 56 year old former South Dakotan and my mother lives in Jamestown and changed to Democrat.

Thanks to all of you in ND and SD and the upper midwest!!

My friend Bert will be in Mpls tonight taking pictures of Barack Obama at the same place the Republicans will have their convention!!


(from Barack Obama's site)

0 comments: